We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 4 October 2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name, date of birth, gender
- contact information including email address, postal address, telephone numbers and IP address
- payment details and data concerning your use of our services
- demographic information such as occupation, lifestyle, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to help us to make the services available to you and to improve our products and services;
- for billing, debt recovery and administration purposes relating to your account;
- to carry out credit checks and to make information available to banks and credit reference agencies in connection with fraud and crimeprevention and detection.
- internal record keeping
- we may periodically contact you by email, post, phone or SMS about new products, special offers or other information from us, our affiliate companies or our approved third party internet service provider and broadcasting partners which we think you may find interesting, using the contact details you have provided. If you do not wish to allow us to do this, please see the ‘Controlling your personal information’ section below.
- from time to time, we may also use your information for market research purposes and we may contact you by email, post, phone or SMS. If you do not wish to allow us to do this, please see the ‘Controlling your personal information’ section below
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which communicates with and may be downloaded on to your computer or device when you access a website. Cookies help analyse web traffic or let you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. They may also help you remain logged in to any pages requiring login details where you have previously provided these.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies on our website by ticking the applicable box at [the bottom left hand corner of the website]. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. For more information, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org and please bear in mind that we are not responsible for the contents of that 3rd party website and so we do not accept any liability for any information or instructions given on it.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not sell customer data. We will not distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Data Protection Officer, Gigler Limited, 50 Broadway, London SW1H 0RG.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.